This facial cleanser is by far the most active and exfoliating cleanser that I've ever used- clean or dirty. Not only does my skin feel amazing afterwards- silky soft and new, like I just used my Clarisonic Mia for two rounds- but it also smells like Christmas...nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, ginger. It's so active that I would only recommend using this every other day or twice a week. I'm used to powder to paste cleansers (see Tatcha), but I have to say that this is a bit more of a pain in the ass than the other ones I've tried...but that's about the only con it has.
The low down:
1) Pour a small heap into your palm
2) take your other hand and start sprinkling water on top.
3) You will begin to see and hear the powder start fizzing. At this point, take your finger and start stirring/whipping it into a paste in your palm. Be careful though, the water doesn't easily mix with the powder to it can cause a bit of a mess.
3) rub you palms together and then all over your face, scrubbing gently.
4) You will feel little scrubbies working on your face as well as a slight tingling sensation.
5) Wash off and dry. Another bit of warning: this face wash will discolor your white face cloth or muslin cloth.
6) enjoy your beautifully glowing skin.
Ingredients: white halloysite clay,red moroccan rhassoul clay, red alaea sea salt, ascorbic acid (vitamin c), sodium bicarbonate, althaea officinalis (marshmallow) root*, rosa centifolia (pink rose)*, calendula officinalis (calendula) flower*, cinnamomum zeylanicum (cinnamon)*, myristica fragans (nutmeg)*, syzygium aromaticum (clove)*, curcuma longa (turmeric)*, zingiber officinale (ginger)*, vanilla planifolia bean*, theobroma cacao (raw cacao)**.
You can the dirt here.