I first heard about this mask from a fellow beauty obsessed blogger Nami. In her hilarious video review, she was visibly stunned at how well this mask worked and how amazeballz her face felt afterwards. I knew I needed it my life.
Anything that claims to unclog pores, detoxify, purify and brighten is worth trying right? Plus, peel off masks are so old school and fun...like watching 90210, crimping your hair, eating gummy worms kind of fun.
1) The product was not easy to apply. The mask is SUPER dense and sticky so rubbing it all over your delicate face doesn't feel nice.
2) Because you're supposed to cover your entire face with a thick layer (easier to peel off later) It felt like I went through a quarter of the bottle in one shot.
3) The essential oils in it make my eyes water a little. The smell is super intense at first.
4) OUCH...peeling off, though as FUN as I remembered, is a lot more painful than I remembered. Maybe my "older" skin is more sensitive/delicate now? (If you're lucky, you do get to see the little pore sized dirt that comes up with the mask...like a Biore strip- another oldie but goodie).
5) Ok...after 20 minutes of drying, plus a few more for rubbing on and peeling off....my face looked and felt fabulous. Totally worth all the pain to get it there.
6) BIG plus- the ingredients in this mask are super clean and safe:
Water, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Glycereth-26, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Montmorillonite, Acrylates Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Acrylates/Palmeth-25 Acrylate Copolymer, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Pinus Pinaster Bark/Bud Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus Citriodora Oil, Xanthan Gum, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77499).
You can get your Black Mask here.